Editor’s note: This blog post was last updated on by
Scenic Luxury Cruises and Tours has finally made it to the river mouth! The luxury river cruise line is branching out and offering cruises on its first ocean cruise ship: Scenic Eclipse. As the world’s first discovery yacht, the ship is raising the bar when it comes to luxury, technology, and safety on the high seas. Scenic Eclipse, outfitted with top-of-the-line safety features, will transport you to destinations and ports of call that other cruise lines just cannot access.
Scenic Eclipse sets the standard in ocean cruising, blending the realms of luxury and discovery. With a capacity of 228 passengers on most cruises and only 200 on Arctic and Antarctic itineraries, Scenic is dedicated to providing each guest with a luxurious onboard experience. But once passengers step foot ashore, they can explore more than ever: from unbound nature to ancient monuments and cultural experiences to historic sites. A cruise aboard Scenic Eclipse awards you with a holiday of a lifetime.
Travel the globe
As you’re sailing the seas aboard Scenic Eclipse, your home-away-from-home will take you to inspiring destinations.
- Antarctica, South Georgia, and Falklands Islands: Venture across icy wonderlands – just like those brave explorers!
- Europe and the Mediterranean: Enjoy all the marvels the Mediterranean has to offer from the ancient ruins in Greece to the rustic cuisine of Italy.
- Norwegian Fjords and Baltics: Visit the quirky lands of northern Europe and don’t mind getting lost in Norway’s natural beauty.
- Caribbean: Uncover priceless treasures in the Caribbean – sun, sand, sea, and smiles.
- The Arctic: Conquer the untamed, polar wilderness of the Arctic and gawk at the towering glaciers.
- The Americas: From charming coastal towns to metropolises overlooking the sea, get to know the cultural blend of the Americas.
It doesn’t matter what you’re passionate about or where your wanderlust is driving you, Scenic will have the perfect itinerary for you.
With Scenic, luxury is synonymous with all-inclusivity. Passengers on Scenic Eclipse will be able to enjoy luxurious perks and amenities without having to worry about money; that includes transfers, gratuities on and off the ship, and exclusive shore excursions. Rejoice in even the smallest details like not having to present your credit card at check-in and bottled water when you’re ashore. Whether you’re a rugged explorer or an elegant world traveller, Scenic Eclipse will have everything you’d ever need.
All-inclusive really means all-inclusive: With no hidden costs, you can spend more time enjoying your luxury cruise!
|Onboard Inclusions||Onshore Inclusions|
|Spacious all-veranda suite accommodation||Comprehensive choice of shore excursions|
|Personalised service (~1:1 guest-to-staff ratio)||Exclusive Scenic Enrich experiences|
|Up to ten dining experiences||Expert local guides|
|Unlimited complimentary beverages||Zodiac excursions|
|Butler service for every guest||Kayak, snorkelling, and snowshoeing adventures|
|Spa Sanctuary and plunge pools||E-bikes (electronically assisted bicycles)|
|Gym, yoga, and Pilates studio||Bottled water for all shore excursions|
|Indoor and outdoor swimming pools||Chef-prepared picnics|
|Expert Discovery Leaders on all cruises|
|Daily entertainment and discovery presentations|
|Complimentary self-service guest laundry|
|Return airport transfers|
Sleep like a baby
Spreading 114 lavishly appointed suites over five guest decks, Scenic designed these suites to be your personal sanctuary. The spacious suites feature separate sleeping zones and lounge areas – both spaces being stylishly furnished – that open up to private verandas or terraces. Just like a luxury hotel, Scenic Eclipse offers high-end amenities like Egyptian cotton linen, the finest toiletries, and a pillow menu to go along with your Scenic Slumber Bed. And the cherry on top: a butler service that will elevate your luxury cruise experience.
All suites include:
- Private veranda or terrace
- Luxury king size Scenic Slumber Bed
- Separate sleep zone and lounge area
- En-suite bathroom with shower and vanity
- Hypoallergenic air purification system
- Butler service
- In-suite beverage and dining service
- Minibar including illy coffee and specialty teas, restocked daily
- HDTV entertainment system
- Bose speakers
Scenic Eclipse offers four classes of suites: Veranda, Spa, Panorama, and Owner’s Penthouse. Veranda Suites start at a comfortable 32 square metres and offer an early morning tea and coffee service as well as in-suite beverage and dining service. Spa Suites focus on guest wellness, boasting all Veranda Suite privileges plus a double size Philippe Starck-designed Jacuzzi and one hour of complimentary spa treatment. It’s all about views in the Panorama Suites. The spacious outdoor terrace is equipped with sun lounges, and guests have priority when choosing shore excursions.
The enormous Owner’s Penthouse Suites have everything you could ever wish for in a suite, including a 60-square-metre terrace plus lounge area with sun lounges, private Jacuzzi, and in-suite dining with seating for up to eight guests. For the best of two worlds, you can combine one of the Owner’s Penthouse Suites with a Spa Suite, creating the 247-square-metre, two-bedroom Penthouse Suite.
Dine like a king
The chefs aboard Scenic Eclipse draw their inspiration from the far corners of the globe to craft farm-to-table cuisine. Once you’re on board, head to any of the dining venues for a multicultural, culinary journey. Peek through the open galleys to see what’s being freshly prepared in the kitchen. From fine dining to casual and in-suite, indoor, or al fresco, you and your tastebuds will be spoilt for choice.
Onboard Dining Experiences
- Elements: classic Italian, steaks grilled to perfection, and fresh seafood
- chef’s table at Elements: a one-of-a-kind culinary experience for the senses
- Koko’s: Asian fusion and sake bar
- sushi at Koko’s: authentic Japanese delights
- teppanyaki at Koko’s: mouth-watering morsels sizzling on a teppanyaki grill
- Lumière: contemporary French fine dining and Champagne bar
- Azure Bar & Café: casual snacks and small plates
- Epicure: onboard cooking school
- Yacht Club: grill, buffet, and bar by the pool
- In-Suite Dining: varied menu offered 24/7
On top of the dining experiences, Scenic Eclipse also features eight spacious bars and lounges. From whites to reds and single malt scotch to sake, almost all drinks served on board are included; this doesn’t cover a small number of rare wines, Champagnes, and spirits.
Discover new worlds
When you embark on a Discovery excursion, you can hit the waters on a Zodiac boat or kayak, dive below the waves on a snorkelling adventure, trek the white tundra on snowshoes, or zip down old paths on e-bikes. Relax your muscles in Iceland as you take a dip in the volcanic hot pools or immerse yourself in Spanish culture and explore the UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Seville. No matter what your preferences are, you have the freedom to choose what you see and do.
To ensure that every port of call inspires and delights, Scenic Eclipse has her own expert Discovery team and local guides. The Discovery team are experts in their field. During your shore excursions, they will share their knowledge about the local environment and each region’s history and culture. As regional specialists, local guides complement the Discovery Team. Who’s going to know better than someone who actually lives there?
Small ship, big wow factor
Just because Scenic Eclipse is a small ship doesn’t mean that she only offers small thrills. On the contrary. This luxurious ship will reward you with once-in-a-lifetime experiences.
- Discover new worlds as she drops you off right in the thick of the action
- See the world from above or below on the two helicopters or in the submarine, respectively
- Indulge yourself in the saunas, steam rooms, and Scandinavian-inspired plunge pools at the 550-square-metre Spa Sanctuary
- Swim laps in the indoor and outdoor pools, work up a sweat with the state-of-the-art equipment in the gym, or find your Zen at the yoga and Pilates studio
- Pamper yourself with massages, body wraps, hydrotherapy, hair treatments, and mani-pedis
- Relax in the Observatory or Lobby Lounge
- Enjoy the panoramic views from the Sun Terrace on the top deck or the Observation Terrace at the bow of the yacht
- Sit back and be entertained at the theatre or broaden your mind at lectures and during education programmes
A cruise aboard Scenic Eclipse will reward you with an unforgettable holiday. Take a look at our incredible cruise deals and give our dedicated Australia-based cruise experts a call on 1300 857 345 if you have any questions. Your dream cruise is waiting!