During the upcoming summer cruise season, Australia’s ports will host one-quarter of Carnival Corporation’s global cruise fleet — a total of 22 ships from some of the world’s most preeminent cruise brands, including Princess Cruises, Holland America Line and P&O Australia.
Amid what looks set to be Australia’s biggest and most successful summer cruise season to date, a record-breaking number of Carnival Corporation vessels will sail in Aussie waters over the next 7 months — cementing the global cruise giant as the country’s go-to cruise operator.
Announcing the news at a recent Carnival Australia party to celebrate the arrival of Princess Cruises’ Diamond Princess Down Under, Carnival Australia’s CEO, Ann Sherry, spoke of the cruise line’s delight at having doubled its total Australian cruise capacity over the past decade.
She said: “Each year for the past decade we have announced that another record summer cruise season is imminent and, with more than one million Australians a year now cruising, this year is no exception.
“In 2005-2006, we heralded a bumper cruise season with 10 ships from across our fleets sailing locally and making 141 calls to Australian ports. A decade on the number of ships has more than doubled and the number of local calls has more than tripled.”
Over the coming months, the Carnival Corporation fleet is expected to carry over half a million passengers on over 500 sailings in Aussie waters — a 21 per cent increase compared to last year’s total passenger capacity and itinerary figures.
Carnival Corporation ships visiting Australia this cruise season include:
- Carnival Cruise Line: Carnival Legend and Carnival Spirit
- P&O Cruises Australia: Pacific Pearl, Pacific Jewel, Pacific Dawn, Pacific Aria and Pacific Eden (plus a further two vessels from P&O Cruises World Cruising)
- Holland America Line: Noordam, Volendam and Amsterdam
- Princess Cruises: Golden Princess, Pacific Princess, Sun Princess, Sea Princess, Dawn Princess and Diamond Princess
- Cunard: Queen Mary 2, Queen Elizabeth and Queen Victoria
- Seabourn: Seabourn Odyssey
To find out more about booking a 2015/16 cruise break aboard a Carnival Corporation vessel, visit the Cruise1st Australia website or call us on 1300 857 345.
Images sourced via Flickr Creative Commons. Credit: azuaje.