Carnival Cruises test a different set of waters by debuting three tropical bars at the American Airlines Arena in Miami.
The cruise line have installed the three new tropical-themed bars in the home professional basketball team and two-time NBA champions Miami Heat.
If you’re wondering about the connection, it might help to know that businessman Micky Arison was CEO of Carnival (until earlier this year) and he also owns the Miami Heat basketball team too.
Already known for its fun atmosphere and 24/7 party vibe, Carnival have been creating memorable vacations for guests of its ships. Now, it wants to recreate that same fun atmosphere on land by extending its brand recognition to party bars. Each bar will offer the same attentive service and delicious food and drink that guests have come to love on the “Fun Ships”.
The three bars certainly sound fun just by hearing their names: the Red Frog Bar, Red Frog Rum Bar, and Blue Iguana Tequila Bar. Each of the tropical bars have been modelled after existing bars located on some of the Carnival Cruise Line’s existing “Fun Ship” fleet.
Here’s all you need to know about each of the three tropical themed bars:
Red Frog Bar
This party bar is located on the 100 level main concourse of the American Airlines Arena. Its drinks menu focuses on tropical-infused rum drinks. Some of the most memorable include:
- Rum Jumper filled with Bacardi Superior, Bacardi 8, banana liqueur, and orange and pineapple juices;
- Midnight Mojito, which overflows with Bacardi Oakheart Spiced Rum, brown sugar, mint, lime and club soda; and
- Red’s Painkiller sure to numb any pain thanks to such ingredients as Bacardi 8, Bacardi Coco, and tropical fruit juices.
Red Frog Rum Bar
Located on the 400 level of American Airlines Arena, Red Frog Rum Bar has a similar menu to the Red Frog Bar.
Blue Iguana Tequila Bar
Also on the 400 level, this party bar focuses on tequila concoctions that include these delicious cocktails:
- Bit of the Iguana with Cazadores Silver, peach schnapps, orange juice and sour mix;
- Spicy Margarita with Cazadores Reposado, chipotle pineapple syrup, and sour mix; and
- The Green Iguana, which features Corzo Silver, Bacardi Coconut Rum, Midori Melon liqueur, pineapple juice and sour mix.
All three bars will also feature a wide range of draft beer, bottled beer, and Carnival’s own private label draft beer called “Thirsty Frog Red.” All three sound like the party is now on land and part of the Miami Heat basketball game experience! All aboard!
Image Sourced Via Carnival Cruises Media Center. Credit: Carnival Cruises.