Mother’s Day is a spectacular occasion to celebrate. Many loving sons and daughters honour their mothers by gifting cards, specialty flowers, or new jewellery. Others may spend the day picnicking with their mum in the park or taking her out for a nice meal. These ways to celebrate are tried and true. However, the gift your mother really deserves is the gift of total relaxation.
Imagine how special your mum will feel with the sea breeze blowing through her hair as she travels on one of our luxury cruises. This year, Mother’s Day is fast approaching. It falls on the second Sunday in May, on May 11th. Now is the time to find your mum the cruise of her dreams. There are plenty of short 3-4 night getaways featuring beaches, wildlife, adventure, and even health and wellness classes.
With so many relaxing options, it can be challenging to pick the most suitable Mother’s Day cruise. We compiled the following list of our top 5 Australian getaway cruises:
- Northern Yasawa Islands: Set sail on May 13th from Denarau Marina, Nadi. For four nights, witness the most beautiful Fiji Islands. Sail to Tivua Island, Yasawa Fiji Islands, Sawa-I-Lau, Naviti Island, and Drawaqa before returning to Denarau Marina. The highlights on this majestic trip include the Tivua turtle sanctuary, breathtaking beaches and sandbars of the “Blue Lagoon,” and the Sawa-I-Lau sacred caves.
- Mother’s Day Sydney Cruise: This cruise is perfect for mothers with a busier schedule who still deserve a bit of R&R. The Mother’s Day cruise is designed for a weekend of relaxation. Departing from Sydney, on May 9th, your mum will spend the next two nights at sea. She will be grateful for the break from her normal hustle and bustle. On May 12th, she will return to dock early in the morning, with plenty of time to enjoy Sydney’s beaches and shopping.
- Lifestyle Brisbane Cruise: Has your mum been eager to discover a new hobby but unable to find the time? Treat her to three nights on the Pacific Dawn Lifestyle Cruise. This ship leaves from Brisbane on May 10, and it’s loaded with classes and workshops designed to inspire. Your mum can explore a new passion through the onboard fitness classes, dance classes, or juggling workshops. She may even surprise you with a hidden talent when she returns to port on May 13!
- Cairns to Pelorus Island Cruise: Is your mother the adventuring type? Does she like a jam-packed sightseeing schedule when travelling? Set her on board the Coral Princess Cruises on May 9th for three nights of island hopping. The itinerary takes you through the very best islands of the Great Barrier Reef. Leaving from Cairns, your ship will navigate past Thetford Reef, Hinchinbrook Channel, Pelorus Islands, Queensland, Dunk Island, Nathan Reef, and Fitzroy Island. This trip is ideal for letting you and your mum explore the reefs together. Marvel at the clown fish, anemones, and deep blue hues of the ocean water.
- Murray River Paddlewheeler Cruise: If your mum loves wildlife, the Murray River cruise is an amazing three night getaway. This cruise leaves port in Mannum and continues along the historic Murray River. On Friday night, keep an eye out for sightings of grey kangaroos, Murray long-necked tortoises, hair-nosed wombats, and spoon-beaked egrets. Continue along the river to the historic landmarks at Craignook. Finish the tour with a nature walk and backwater wildlife tour on Sunday.
Treat your mum to a few nights of pampering and nice dinners on these Mother’s Day cruises. We won’t be surprised if you decide to go with her!