Voyager of the Seas and Mariner of the Seas will offer Asia cruises for the summer 2014 season.
The two ships will continue their sailings from Shanghai (Baoshan), Beijing (Tianjin), Hong Kong, and Singapore, while offering guests Royal Caribbean’s signature onboard amenities and a host of wonderful asian locations to explore.
Speaking of the announcement, Lisa Bauer, executive vice president of Global Sales and Marketing, Royal Caribbean International said:
“We are delighted to offer Asia vacations that cannot be found anywhere except on Royal Caribbean’s Voyager of the Seas and Mariner of the Seas. Guests of all ages will enjoy the DreamWorks Experience, a wide range of signature Royal Caribbean onboard amenities, and our award-winning entertainment and family programming. Throughout, every member of the staff and crew will deliver our world-renowned friendly and engaging GOLD Anchor Service on an unforgettable Asia vacation.”
Especially for families:
It’s easy to see why these large and innovative ships are a huge hit with multi-generation families! Both vessels are among six ships in the company’s fleet that exclusively offer the popular DreamWorks experience at sea. Guests can enjoy parades, themed activities and other events onboard – all centred around DreamWorks Animation’s popular characters: Po of Kung Fu Panda, Shrek, Fiona, Puss in Boots (all from Shrek) and finally Alex, Gloria and the Penguins from Madagascar. For days at sea, both kids and adults alike will enjoy the 3-D movie theatre, which will play the latest DreamWorks Animation films! And that’s not all: the characters meet and greet children throughout the day, and pose for photos. Imagine the look on your child’s face as they’re eating breakfast and their favourite DreamWorks character enters the room! Additionally, DreamWorks Animation films can be watched on the TVs in every stateroom – perfect for a cosy night in at sea!
For older kids, teens and adults alike, there are plenty of fun and sporty activities to explore, including rock-climbing, ice-skating, mini-golf and a full-sized basketball court!
For adults who wish to indulge in a spot of duty-free shopping, they’ll be pleased to hear the ship has 10 designer boutiques onboard. You can peruse fine leather handbags , shoes and accessories from designer names including Coach, Burberry, Michael Kors and more. Mariner of the Seas also offers the first standalone IWC Schaffhausen boutique, and has the largest luxury and fashion watch store at sea.
For a little nighttime fun, adults can enjoy their ship’s Casino Royale: enhanced to deliver the next level of world class gaming! There are more than 30 table games to enjoy and a choice of up to 292 slot machines to play…! Will you strike it lucky?
The ships’ Asia itineraries:
From March through to November 2014, Mariner of the Seas will sail roundtrip Korea cruises from Shanghai. Sailings include:
- Three- to six-night itineraries that call at Seoul (Incheon), Busan, Jeju Island, or Yeosu (Gangyang).
- The ship’s summer season will conclude with an eight-night cruise from Shanghai to Singapore departing Nov. 4, 2014, with ports of call at Xiamen and Hong Kong, China, and Ho Chi Minh City (Phu My), Vietnam.
Voyager of the Seas summer 2014 Asia season is as follows
- The season kicks off with a 10-night cruise departing Singapore on April 10th and sailing to Tokyo, Japan. This cruise will call at Hong Kong, Kaohsiung and Taipei (Keelung), Taiwan, and Nagasaki, Japan.
- Next, the ship will sail a six-night South Korea and Nagoya (Japan) itinerary, roundtrip, departing from Tokyo on April 20th.
- Then the ship will sail two Japan cruises, a four-night itinerary from Tokyo to Taipei (Keelung) departing May 5, and a seven-night roundtrip itinerary from Taipei (Keelung) departing May 9.
- It all changes from June through to September. 2014. Voyager of the Seas will then sail four- to six-night Korea itineraries roundtrip from Beijing (Tianjin). The ship will call at Seoul (Incheon), Yeosu (Gangyang), Busan, and Jeju Island, South Korea.
- Next, Voyager will sail a seven-night Japan and Korea cruise from Beijing (Tianjin) to Hong Kong on Sept. 10.
- Finally, she will sail four-, five- and seven-night Japan and Taiwan cruises roundtrip from Hong Kong throughout Sept. and early Oct. 2014.