Holland America Line cleaned up at the ceremony, taking home taken home eight 2003 Readers’ Choice awards
Porthole Cruise Magazine is a leading consumer cruise travel publication known the world over. The Readers’ Choice Awards are determined by thousands of magazine readers who vote for their favouite cruise lines. Holland America Line won:
- Best Alaska Itinerary, especially noting its Land + Sea Journeys
- Best Canada/New England Itinerary
- Best Central America Itinerary
- Best Shore Excursions
- Best Medical Facilities
- Best Facilities for Physically Challenged Passengers
- Best Private Island for Half Moon Cay
- Best Private Island Cabana for Half Moon Cay, the line’s exclusive island in the Bahamas
After the cruise line received the awards, Richard Meadows, executive vice president, marketing, sales and guest programs for Holland America Line said:
“To be recognized by the well-traveled readers of Porthole Cruise Magazine in so many categories is an honor and testament to our dedication to providing an exceptional cruise experience. We work continuously to enhance our offerings, whether it’s adding beach villas at Half Moon Cay or introducing new Land+Sea Journeys in Alaska, and it’s rewarding for our efforts to be recognized.”
Bill Panoff,the publisher and editor-in-chief of Porthole Cruise Magazine added:
“The readers of Porthole are well-traveled cruisers,” “They value the premium cruise experience and diverse itineraries featured by Holland America Line year after year and it shows up in their choices.”
About Holland America Line:
Holland America Line is a division of Carnival Cruise Lines. It has a fleet of 15 ships with more than 500 cruises to 415 ports in 98 countries, territories, or dependencies. Its exclusive alliance also includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Cunard Line, Princess Cruises, Costa Cruises and Seabourn.
Why we love Holland America Line:
Holland America Line has a number of unique features, experiences and amenities that make it such a standout:
- It has a state-of-the-art onboard show kitchen where more than 60 celebrated guest chefs and culinary experts provide cooking demonstrations and classes.
- It has Explorations Cafe powered by The New York Times and a Digital Workshop powered by Windows.
- There are teens-only activity areas.
- All-new stateroom amenities are highlighted by flat-panel TVs and plush Euro-top Mariner’s Dream Beds.
- The medical facility has state-of-the-art shipboard medical facilities and equipment.
Other differentiating features include Half Moon Cay, which is an idyllic playground for cruise guests with a natural 700-acre lagoon, a Captain Morgan on the Rocks Island Bar, stingray encounter and fun-filled excursions. It also has 15 beach-front private cabanas and five two-story villas with such amenities as air-conditioning, a refrigerator, ceiling fan, deck chairs and a misting shower on the private terrace. The villas also include five-person hot tubs on the upper level and private sun decks.
The true standout is the incredible itineraries and excursions, such as Glacier Bay National Park, Hubbard Glacier, and Alaska’s famed Inside Passage as well as its Land + Sea Journeys that include an overland tour to Denali National Park. The Canada and New England voyages explore the historic seaports of the area and include stunning fall foliage of the region. The Central American itineraries feature sailings that uncover the region’s natural beauty and indigenous cultures as well as take guests through the Panama Canal.
It’s no wonder Holland America Line is such an award-winning cruise company!