Editor’s note: This blog post was last updated on by
With exotic destinations, a plethora of onboard entertainment, fabulous food and incredible value for money, it’s no wonder that an increasing number of people are developing a taste for cruising! If you can’t get enough of holidays on the high seas, read on for a list of 15 signs that could mean you’re addicted to cruising:
- You’ve named your pets as Celebrity, Carnival, Crystal, Silversea, Seabourn, Disney and so on!
- Your screensaver is set to a slideshow of your favourite cruise holiday snaps.
- You feel ‘land sick’ when you don’t have an upcoming cruise on the horizon.
- You find yourself turning up the heating, mixing a cocktail, blasting your cherry-picked cruise playlist and indulging in simulated sunset happy hours.
- Instead of right and left, you refer to directions as port and starboard.
- You try to pay for your groceries with your onboard ship credit card.
- You’ve got a dedicated bank account just for cruise funds.
- You measure financial outlays in terms of cruise holidays – for example, “This electricity bill could have bought me three great shore excursions!”
- You redecorate your bedroom to resemble a ship’s cabin.
- You’re the go-to guru for friends and family on the search for cruising advice.
- You’ve ticked off a cruise on every leading line.
- Every item in your wardrobe was purchased with cruising in mind, from casual poolside gear to swanky formal nightwear.
- Most updates that pop up in your Facebook newsfeed are from cruise lines.
- You plan your next cruise from the poolside of your current one!
- You splurge on a waterbed, a whirlpool and your very own minibar.
Do any of these apply to you? If so, you could be a cruise addict! Quash your craving for an at-sea adventure with an incredible deal from Cruise1st. Whether you’re after an intimate experience on a boutique line or a fun-filled party on a super ship, Australia’s leading cruise package company has something for everyone.