Earlier this month, Legend of the Seas emerged from drydock after a month of refurbishments and renovations at the Sembawang Shipyard in Singapore.
The ship, which was built in 1995, is the most recent ship in the Royal Caribbean fleet to receive upgrades and Oasis-Class amenities. The Vision-Class ship received a host of brand new features, fixtures and fittings.
Holidaymakers travelling on Legend will now get to experience the all new:
- Park Cafe – a casual dining spot serving breakfast, lunch and snacks with both indoor and outdoor seating. On the menu you’ll find made-to-order sandwiches, paninis, soups, salads and pastries.
- Chef’s Table – holidaymakers will be able to experience this once-in-a-lifetime, exclusive culinary experience on the newly refurbished Legend of the Seas. Dining with up to 13 others, guests can enjoy a five-course ultra-gourmet menu and specially-selected wine.
- Chops Grille – a guest favourite, this restaurant serves juicy steaks, fresh seafood, tasty side dishes and delicious desserts in an elegant atmosphere. Forget meat and potatoes, Chops Grille is all about great quality fine dining – from filet mignon to mesquite-grilled salmon, you’ll find only the most delicious food here!
- Izumi Asian Cuisine – picture delicate flowers, fresh ingredients and impeccable presentation in this fabulous japanese-style restaurant. Choose from popular sushi rolls, sashimi, Hot Rock Plates, sukiyaki and more!
- R Bar – a throwback to the Rat Pack days! Expect a sophisticated ambiance, lots of entertainment and classic cocktails.
- Viking Crown Lounge Nightclub – this fab room makes a great observation deck by day and then is transformed into a nightclub at … yep, you guessed it … night! Expect mind-blowing views as the ship leaves or enters port and funky music of an evening. Better bring your dancing shoes!
- Outdoor movie screen – guests onboard Legend will get to enjoy an outdoor, poolside cinema screen showing first-run films both day and night. Imagine sitting under the stars watching a romantic comedy! Bliss!
- Aerial entertainment experiences in the Centrum – during entertainment experiences in the Centrum, the refurbished space will become alive with aerial acrobatic vignettes, which blur the lines between artful choreography and state-of-the-art technology. A must-see spectacular!
The staterooms have been updated too, new features include:
- Flat-panel televisions – chill out in your room and watch a film as Legend sails you to your next destination.
- Digital signage – a new digital way-finding system makes it easier than ever to find your way around the ship and its multiple neighbourhoods!
- Wi-Fi access available across the entire ship – now holidaymakers can send emails to home boasting how much fun they’re having, or update their social network profiles from anywhere on the ship.
After completing her final sailings from Singapore, Legend of the Seas will re-position to Europe in Summer 3013 where she will operate cruises from Civitavecchia and Venice.
Both Brilliance of the Seas and Independence of the Seas are the next in line for refurbishment; both ships will be hitting dry dock in May this year. Independence will gain a cupcake shop, a new nursery and plenty of technological enhancements, while Brilliance will get a similar re-fit to Legend, gaining a bevy of new dining options and technological improvements too.
Discover Singapore’s best-kept secrets in our extensive city guide.