We are quite excited over here at Cruise 1st Australia and you are about to find out why. Ready?
Princess Cruises has announced that it will home port FIVE ships in Australia for the 2016/17 season – this will in fact be the largest ever programme offering in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific.
Emerald Princess, Golden Princess, Sun Princess, Dawn Princess and Sea Princess will all be making their way Down Under for a truly incredible Australia season!
Highlights of the new programme will include an 84-day Circle South America voyage, more ways to see New Zealand, longer South Pacific cruises and Circle Australia voyage options. In addition, Land and Sea Vacation packages will immerse adventure-seekers in the diverse destinations.
Voyages for the 2016/2017 season go on sale soon April 23rd 2015.
There will be 120 cruise options which in total will visit 113 destinations in 39 countries – that’s a lot of nautical miles!
Here is a sneak peek at what will be available:
- First of all we have an incredible 84-day Circle South America cruise on Sea Princess departing Sydney, Australia on January 11, 2017. This itinerary will visit 28 destinations in 18 countries, including Argentina, Chile, Brazil, Costa Rica, Panama, Ecuador and Uruguay. Overnight calls in Buenos Aires, Rio de Janeiro and Lima and a full-transit of the Panama Canal are also hot features of this voyage.
- Princess are also promising us more ways to explore the natural wonders of New Zealand with all five ships sailing to the country’s beautiful coastal landscapes on cruises ranging from 11- to 14-days.
- Circle Australia voyages on Sun Princess will offer departures from Sydney in October 2016 and March 2017 as well as the first-ever roundtrip voyages from Brisbane and Fremantle. Cut out the hassle of flying and sail direct – we love this!
- 10- to 14-day voyages through the idyllic and remote islands of the South Pacific from Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne, on Sun Princess and Sea Princess.
- A 42-day four continent voyage from England to Australia on September 28, 2016 aboard Emerald Princess as she sails south for her first-ever season Down Under. This will be a fantastic experience and a voyage that we expect will probably be very popular. If interested then let us know today!
- Two 42-day journeys to the Orient aboard Dawn Princess sailing from Sydney and Brisbane with visits to multiple destinations in China and Japan. The Sydney sailing departing March 16, 2017 is timed to visit Japan during its famous Cherry Blossom season.
Princess will also be offering two Land and Sea Vacation packages:
The Australian Outback package which immerses guests in Aboriginal culture and includes visits to the Great Barrier Reef and Ayers Rock in Uluru National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
The more extensive Ultimate Australia package highlights include a Sydney city tour, the Great Barrier Reef, the northern tropical city of Darwin, the Outback and more.
Our cruise industry sees growth every year and we are incredibly excited to have 5 Princess ships call our shores home for the 2016/17 season.
Emerald Princess and Golden Princess are at the larger of the scale, both grand-class ships, with Emerald being only slightly bigger than her sister, they both offer space, an abundance of features and facilities and the option to have a truly great vacation – I know from experience that Emerald also offers great food!
Sun Princess, Sea Princess and Dawn Princess are slightly smaller than their big sisters and are sun-class cruise ships. Although I am yet to sail on them myself, I have sailed on one of their sisters from another fleet and I have to say that I really do love the sun-class ships. They are mid-size and offer a good selection of bars and restaurants without it being over the top. Somewhat more intimate than the larger vessels – you can in fact see the same person more than once during a voyage.
Image sourced via Flickr Creative Commons. Credit: Allan Gray