Editor’s note: This blog post was last updated on by
Ever wondered what the world’s most luxurious cruise cabin looks like? We’ve got the insider scoop on the ultra-luxe Grand Duplex Suites found on-board Cunard’s Queen Mary 2. Read on for an exclusive glimpse at the quintet of eye-watering, lavish digs that offer passengers the ultimate in at-sea indulgence.
According to industry experts, the demand for high-end suites is continually on the rise, with more and more passengers willing to fork out the extra cash for an unforgettable holiday experience. A recent poll drawing on responses from 770 agents revealed that 90% of companies had experienced an increase in demand for luxury suites over the past 12 months. Cunard is at the forefront of the trend with its magnificent Grand Duplex Suites that redefine the concept of luxury cruising.
Angus Struthers, official spokesperson for Cunard maintains, “These are the most lavish and magnificent suites afloat.”
What do you get?
Cunard is renowned for its classic sophistication and commitment to maintaining an aura of old-world elegance. As expected, the Grand Duplex Suites fall perfectly into line with these fundamental values. A stylish Art Deco theme runs throughout, defined by a neutral colour palette, gleaming wood panels, shining metal fittings and plush furnishings. The accommodation’s defining feature is the double-storey layout connected by an elegant sweeping staircase.
- Exclusive service: A personal butler and concierge service is on hand around the clock to attend to a passenger’s every need or want. Whether it’s pouring a glass of champagne or organising a shore excursion, no request is too large or small.
- A private gym: For guests that want to keep up their at-sea physique a private exercise area offers state-of-the-art fitness equipment. This allows passengers to bypass the queues and enjoy the flexibility to work out at their leisure.
- Two marble bathrooms: When it comes to keeping clean the Grand Duplex Suites go above and beyond expectations. A duo of ‘his and hers’ marble bathrooms complete with Whirlpool bath offer guests extravagant everyday luxury that surpasses that available in many of the world’s finest five-star hotels.
- Spacious entertainment areas: A dining area for eight is ideal for entertaining newfound cruise ship friends while an interactive plasma screen TV and fully stocked bar will keep guests entertained for hours on end. Those wishing to blend work with play can knuckle down in the purpose-built home office corner.
- Members-only dining: As well as the ship’s gourmet dining options Grand Duple Suite guests also enjoy exclusive access to the vessel’s iconic Queen’s Grill restaurants.
- Incredible sea views: Of course, a quintessential luxury cruising experience wouldn’t be complete without sweeping views over the open ocean. Cunard’s Grand Duple Suites well and truly deliver, with private balconies opening up to beautiful views over the stern.
Cunard has managed to integrate five Grand Duplex Suites into the opulent Queen Mary 2. Each measure in at an impressive 2,249sq-foot, a size which far surpasses the size of an average inner-city apartment. After 113 nights spent lounging around in the suites we’re quite certain it would be extremely difficult to say goodbye!
As expected, access to the Grand Duplex Suites is not easy on the wallet. The advertised price for an epic 113-night round-the-world voyage will set passengers back a staggering £121,899. This equates to a colossal £1,079 per night. Definitely not a price tag for the faint-hearted!
Want a slice of this unsurpassed onboard luxury? Queen Mary 2’s around the world voyage sets sail in 2015 and will call at a total of 38 ports spread across 22 countries. These include visits to China, Australia, New Zealand, The Canary Islands, South Africa and more. If you haven’t got a cool £121,899 to spare Cruise 1st has some amazing Queen Mary 2 deals on slightly less extravagant cabins that still offer Cunard’s trademark service, style and trademark elegance.